skip to main | skip to sidebar

Search This Blog

Jul 9, 2011

Scholes: Giggs Players Top!

MANCHESTER - Ryan Giggs is the greatest player in Manchester United. At least that is the recognition of Paul Scholes, during grazing with him at Old Trafford.
Former United and England midfielder, who retired at the end of last season, admits there are many talented star list of players who have worked with. But, he revealed that in his eyes there was only Giggs who has the best performances in the Red Devils.
Scholes said, there are so many outstanding players at United, like Eric Cantona, Roy Keane, Paul Ince, Teddy Sheringham, Dwight Yorke, David Beckham, Andy Cole, Ruud van Nistelrooy, and Nicky Butt.
"But if I must mention one name, only Ryan that I have in mind," he said as quoted by the Daily Star Sunday (10/07/2011).
"He could do anything. He can play in every position, he has shown in recent years, lately," he continued, as he harbored affairs Wales veteran winger who approached them.
In addition to Giggs, Scholes also save a few opposing players who impressed him. Especially in figure Zinedine Zidane and Rivaldo.
"I remember once when playing against Rivaldo when he was still defending the Barcelona and Brazil in the World Cup. We played in the same area and he was incredible. I'm fortunate to have played with some great players, although it is as opposed to," he said proudly.
Those are some the impression when he is active in the field while still green, because last season was last season for him. "I never really thought it would be a difficult decision. I just thought I would know when the right time to retire," he added.
"Last season, I feel in a good performance. None of the games I do not want to miss. Especially until December when we played against Rangers in the Champions League, I felt I was in good physical," he said.
"But the state says another, I suffered a groin injury that made me have to rest for seven weeks. Although it was predicted by a team of doctors is only one week," said the man was 36 years.
Scholes tries to rest for four or five weeks to heal his leg. But apparently that period forced him to think for hanging up his boots, because he finally felt tired.
Post-retirement, Scholes is currently projected to help Sir Alex Ferguson at United's coaching ranks. He is positioned as a staff manager. In early August, Scholes will speak with the club about his new role. He was sure Sir Alex has some brilliant ideas on what to do next.